What are you working for?

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I didn't have time for Zumba today, of course I didn't.  Stay at your desk, I told myself.  Just keep working.  Get that project done, make that call, return that email, write that story, do not stop because if you stop you'll be behind again. 

On the one hand, the chance to draw a thin blue line through another four to do's.

On the other, my friends, a little morning laughter, sweat.

What are you working for? I asked myself.

So that I can live, I answered me.

I was out the door.  I was at the gym.  Standing beside Sarah.

3 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Sometimes it's good to take a break. When life gets really busy, slowing down a tad can do wonders. :)

Becca said...

Oh, yes. How easy it is to forget.

Good for you for remembering in time :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP