Not wasting away

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It doesn't seem right to me (does it seem right to you?) that I spent the last many months working twenty hour days, frying my brain down to a mere fraction of its former self, frittering away my finger tips, pacing the floorboards at 3 AM in search of just the right sentence to begin the eighth corporate story of the day AND to emerge from all of that five pounds heavier.

My brain is nugget sized.  Shouldn't the rest of me be, too?

And do I have to give up cookies?

Sigh.

4 comments:

Q said...

Actually, being stressed out for a longish period of time will trigger stress hormones that will tell your body to gain weight because surely stress means a famine or something is coming and you need extra energy storage.

I too am feeling this right now as well. Cortisol and its friends are my enemy. They make me gain weight and break out and get sick (though that mercifully hasn't happened yet).

Fair? Absolutely not.

Karen Mahoney said...

I to do some 20-hour days over the next week... I honestly don't know how you do it, Beth. I know there's the part where you just HAVE to do it. I suppose that's the answer.

But I try - I really do! And I just can't focus. I fall asleep at random times if I've only had 4 hours sleep for a couple of nights in a row. Maybe it takes practice. Or lots of coffee.

But I'm going to be trying harder.

Kaz
xo

septembermom said...

I'm sighing about cookies too. Your talent will never waste away, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Who cares about 5 pounds--you're a magnificent writer and dashing dancer.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP