Lastingness and The Secret Gift: Two Chicago Tribune Reviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

I had the chance to review two books for the Chicago Tribune these last few weeks.  The first, Lastingness:  The Art of Old Age (Nicholas Delbanco) seeks to understand why some artists continue to grow with their work as they age, and why others peak and fade away.  The second, A Secret Gift (Ted Gup), tells the story of a grandfather's outreach to those suffering in the midst of the Great Depression, and the complicated motivations behind his goodness.  I've linked to both reviews here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating subjects, I'm on my way to read.

KFP said...

The subject intrigues. Definitely want to read this. Nicholas DelBanco was my teacher years ago at a Bennington Summer Writing Workshop. Back when we both were young.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP