As the crowds gather at the BEA: a video tour

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I wanted to find a way to share the essence of the BEA with you kind readers, and so I turned on the video mode of my Sony camera. Here, in order, are the early-morning lines of those just waiting to get in through the doors, the quiet of the exhibit booths before the official opening, and the crowd surge minutes after the doors opened.

I was filming all of that for you and was just finishing my crowd-surge footage when Julie of Booking Mama surfaced on my little screen. She's like that, my friend, Julie. Always there when you need her. You can catch her right at the tail end of the last video. Beside her but out of view (in the crush of the crowd) is Kathy of BermudaOnion.

Thanks again to Egmont USA for bringing me to the 2011 Book Expo America.

4 comments:

K said...

What a brilliant set of videos. I unfortunately couldn't go to the Expo, so thanks for sharing this.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Thanks for letting us get a glimpse!

Jennifer A said...

Oh, thanks for sharing that! How neat.

I love how calm it all was, and then it was craziness! It seems like it was just packed with people.

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Anna Lefler said...

Wow - what a scene! I want to go next year!

So glad you had a great experience...

:-) A.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP