Celebrating Musehouse: Philadelphia's New Center for the Literary Arts

Friday, July 15, 2011

Today I join my fellow writers and readers and thinkers and dreamers in celebrating the planned September 10 opening of Musehouse, a Chestnut Hill center dedicated to the writer's life and craft.  Musehouse, which is described in this Philadelphia Inquirer story by staff writer Kristin E. Holmes, will apparently offer a range of workshops, readings, and lectures for writers of all kinds.  It is the brainchild of Kathleen Sheeder Bonanno, a former English teacher and award-winning poet, a mother who has borne an unimaginable loss, and an idealist who won a $50,000 matching grant from the Knight Foundation. 

I encourage all those Philadelphians who have been seeking shelter for their aspirations and words to seek out this home come September.  I know that I'll be making a visit.

 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP