Faces and Fiction

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sometimes I'll be hurrying through my file of photographs in search of one thing and come upon a forgotten other.  That just happened here.  I took this photograph a few years ago during a city dance competition.  I loved everything the young man's expression had to say.  No portrait had been planned, and yet a portrait had been taken.

I was lucky that way with my research today.  My imagination failed me, so I turned to old newspaper stories, circa 1871.  Today the truth was bigger and more shocking and more rife with possibilities than that which I'd been conjuring in the sullen heat with my eyes half closed.  I'm glad I remembered to think and seek beyond myself.

Finally and most importantly:  Yesterday we celebrated my son's birthday.  Today we celebrate my husband's.  My room is a mess with the remnants of gifts given.  Now out to a restaurant for dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo! Happy birthday to all concerned.

Melissa Sarno said...

I like this little guy. He's got style. Enjoy the birthday celebrations :-)

patti.mallett_pp said...

That is a winner of a portrait, Beth. What a great "character!"

Enjoy the festivities as you continue celebrating those wonderful male characters in your Real Life Stories!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP