A You Are My Only excerpt

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"You okay up there?" Arlen calls to me.

"Just fine," I call back. The sun has come up like a squint on the horizon. Most everything we travel by is pink. The glass in the shops. The windshields on cars. The glint flecks in the sidewalks and on the streets.  I haven't seen a cop drive by. I've seen no posters on the trees.  No one and nothing but me and Arlen searching for Baby. We take a ninety-degree angle hard and wobble our way back to a glide. My elbows hurt more than my fingers.

"How about you? You okay?" I call over my shoulder.

"Time is of the essence," Arlen says.

You Are My Only (Laura Geringer Books/Egmont USA), forthcoming October 25, 2011

2 comments:

Karen Mahoney said...

The sun has come up like a squint on the horizon.

*sigh* Beautiful...

Anonymous said...

All too short--I want more.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP