A day in autumn, with sun

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today corporate work kept me pinned to this desk.  Every now and then I would look up, see those blue skies pressing, a cloud passing, and think:  This is a day that is alive.  Go out there.  Seize it.

I thought of the herd of black cows I'd photographed late Sunday afternoon.  I thought of this one, mud on her nose, a bit of a smile behind those whiskers.

When I am at my smartest, my most wise, I understand this:  Nothing is richer or more complete than a day in autumn, with sun.

2 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

I could not agree more about autumn and sun. I feel an urgency where I see a sky like that, like I'll never see it again.

Serena said...

I love the photo. Cute snout.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP