Time for a little Carson Kressley

Tuesday, October 11, 2011



I am now taking time from my regularly scheduled blog life (which is never regularly scheduled and which is not technically speaking a life and which is still, four years in, trying to figure out what it is meant to be) to share with you two photographs taken one summer ago at the horse show extravaganza that happens once each year two blocks from my home.

A blue ribbon to those of you who recognize the rider as Mr. Carson Kressley, who gained fame on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and is now defying the odds with Anna Trebunskaya on "Dancing With the Stars."  But in between those two TV appearances, Mr. Kressley rode this horse to first Devon Horse Show placedom with considerable style.  The horse itself, a majestic creature, was stabled in the back corner of the show grounds, and after the win, Carson kindly entertained the crowds and signed a fistful of autographs.  What struck me at the time was how incredibly serious he was about his riding—and how stand-out gifted with a horse. 

Which means, I'm saying, that, though he has us laughing on "Dancing," and is in fact the reason I tune in, there is much to him that the cameras do not see.  He's gracious in person and he cares about what he does.  And see how the horse listens to him.

6 comments:

Book Dragon said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I love horses and am enjoying Carson on DWtS. He looks fabulous here!

bermudaonion said...

I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I didn't know who Carson was until he came on DWTS. He is loads of fun!

Serena said...

I had no idea that Carson rode show horses...cool!

Kelly H-Y said...

I had NO idea he was an avid horse rider!

Becca said...

How nice to know about this other side of him :) Thanks for sharing this.

lizwest said...

Very witty and humorous folks have a serious side that they don't often reveal... thanks for showing Carson Kressley's hidden talent. DWTS is so entertaining because, in addition to viewing the truly fun costumes, watching these folks learn to dance sometimes hints at their true character. It gives me goosebumps when one of them breaks through, discovering the precision and grace required to succeed.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP