The YAMO Treasure Hunt Continues (Part IV): what name should we give this book?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All righty then:  Today, as my patient husband films me for a YAMO book trailer (then listens to me say, loudly, that I don't think I can bear to use any image that contains any fraction of my own face in it), we're also closing in on the final post in the You Are My Only Treasure Hunt extravaganza. 

This time, we're looking for a guest visitation (for "visitation" is how this all must feel to these generous bloggers who have given me some real estate on their fine blogs) that talks about how bad I am at titling (some) things.  This post is housed at the psychodelically-hued home of a certain chick who loves lit.  I met this wonderful person at the BEA this past summer.  She was part of the awesome gang of many who surprised me with a YAMO blast a month or so again.  The post you are looking for begins like this:
Those who know me know that I’m only intermittently good at devising titles.

Undercover was called Come Back to Me, for example, until Laura Geringer asked me to please think again on that one. Still Love in Strange Places was named by my son moments before the W.W. Norton catalog was going on press. Nothing but Ghosts was my title, thank you very much, though there was a slight (we ignored it!) problem—I’d used the word ghosts in a previous book title (Ghosts in the Garden). The Heart is Not a Size and House of Dance were titles of my making, and I proudly claim them.
Words on the contest itself, for those who might be new to this (wild, wild) game:

I've written five guest posts about the making of this book.  Those posts are appearing in the blogosphere.  Your job (should you choose to accept it) is to find those five entries and then post them collectively on your own blog.  Send the link to me, in a comment box on my blog, and your name will be entered into a drawing. 

Two winners will be selected. Each will win these two things: A signed copy of
You Are My Only AND a critique (by yours truly) of the first 2,000 words of a work-in-progress. As many of you know, I teach memoir at the University of Pennsylvania and served as the inaugural readergirlz author in residence. I have written in multiple genres and critique adult fiction for major U.S. newspapers. Your manuscript can, I am hinting, be in any genre, save for a screenplay, about which I have absolutely zero expertise.

1 comments:

Serena said...

I think this is the final one?! Wow, what a long, but enlightening and fun road! I'll have my post up Friday, since I have a tour scheduled for tomorrow.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP