In which I spill only the most important truths (?) to Kelly Simmons

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This (up above, on the right) is Kelly Simmons.  You know Kelly Simmons because, among other things, you read this blog, and you therefore know how much I loved her latest book The Bird House.

But look at the entire picture now.  Kelly's talking and two beautiful girls are laughing (the event:  Elizabeth Mosier's book party).  Kelly's getting videotaped talking, and she's just going at it, funny as heck, quick as a sparrow, wry, and just a touch naughty.  She kind of does everything, this Kelly Simmons, and by that I mean, 1) Mom, 2) Novelist, 3) Book Club Queen, and 4) Head of Ad Agency Catering to High-Profile Clients.  Kelly also likes to dance (I'm itching to get her out on a salsa night).  And (I know you are waiting for it) she has a blog on which she asks writers very extremely significant questions. 

I myself answered her slate of questions.  It took me all day, but I did it.  So that if you were wondering (just DYING to find out) what word my husband would use in a novel he wrote, you must head on over here.  If you want to see me tell a story about a steamer of a day, a certain book club, and the fool I made of moi, make the journey.  And if you couldn't get to sleep last night because you were wondering what scene I was most recently working on, well...you know what to do.

For the record:  I'm not as morose as I seem.

For the record (2) :  I like Kelly Simmons.

4 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Excellent interview. But now you must, MUST use the word stinker in a book. I don't see any reason why you can't. And I will forever label you as 'no fun' if you don't. Trust me, you do not want a 'no fun' label from me, Beth.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful interview, such great questions.

Becca said...

I have a feeling I'd like Kelly Simmons too :) I sure liked the interview!

Kelly Simmons said...

Thank you for choosing a picture that doesn't highlight my thighs. I hate to think about my thighs when I am in training for Halloween Candy season.

I loved your description of your desk, btw-- however I cannot own a glass desk because I would see my thighs through it.

Okay, enough about my thighs. Why did you bring it up?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP