now (an instant)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

After a day of thick, gray rain, I imagine spring being near.  I imagine myself at Chanticleer garden, in the opening hours.  Maybe my friend Annika will be there.

In the meantime, I will be grateful for the day that was.  For the enormous kindness of a certain editor who (even in the midst of her great personal busy-ness) stops to write and to give me hope for my Berlin book.  For the time I had to return to a memoir-long-in-the-making.  For a client who stops to thank me for project work completed thus far.  For studently goodness.  For a text from my son.  "Wrote 11 stories for the TV station today," he said.  "You're really good at that," I told him.

I'm taking the earliest train to Philadelphia tomorrow, so that I can take a still-early train to New York.  I'll spend much of the day on Wall Street then, but I'll be back in time for dance.

3 comments:

Raymond said...

The kind of day we all hope each day will be. And I did hear you counting yourself lucky. Glad for you.

Melissa Sarno said...

Oh Beth! New York?! Sounds like you'll be rushing to and from, hanging downtown with the 1%. I'll be sighing in Chelsea sitting in my cubicle, wishing there was a way to meet in the middle... :)

Serena said...

NEW YORK? Have fun...anything in particular? Book work?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP