now (an instant)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

After a day of thick, gray rain, I imagine spring being near.  I imagine myself at Chanticleer garden, in the opening hours.  Maybe my friend Annika will be there.

In the meantime, I will be grateful for the day that was.  For the enormous kindness of a certain editor who (even in the midst of her great personal busy-ness) stops to write and to give me hope for my Berlin book.  For the time I had to return to a memoir-long-in-the-making.  For a client who stops to thank me for project work completed thus far.  For studently goodness.  For a text from my son.  "Wrote 11 stories for the TV station today," he said.  "You're really good at that," I told him.

I'm taking the earliest train to Philadelphia tomorrow, so that I can take a still-early train to New York.  I'll spend much of the day on Wall Street then, but I'll be back in time for dance.


Raymond said...

The kind of day we all hope each day will be. And I did hear you counting yourself lucky. Glad for you.

Melissa Sarno said...

Oh Beth! New York?! Sounds like you'll be rushing to and from, hanging downtown with the 1%. I'll be sighing in Chelsea sitting in my cubicle, wishing there was a way to meet in the middle... :)

Serena said...

NEW YORK? Have fun...anything in particular? Book work?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by 2008

Back to TOP