stillness

Friday, February 10, 2012

It's possible that we don't know how tired we are until we stop.  I have needed to keep going. Today, after fighting a week's war with a wicked allergic reaction, I couldn't.  For a few hours I did nothing at all.  Then I picked up Lilian Nattel's new novel, Web of Angels, which I have been stealing my way into every chance I could get.  It's such a compelling book, such an important one, and the deeper I read into this novel the more convinced I am that Lilian has, with Web, the book of a lifetime.

My mind has to be clearer before I put my reflections here, on the blog.  But Lilian, between now and then, thank you for persevering with Web, a book that took you many years and multiple drafts.  The best books often do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This means the world to me, Beth.

Serena said...

I'm glad you found time to stop and read and enjoy

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP