the kid returns from the city that never sleeps

Friday, March 16, 2012

I may have had one crazy (but in so many ways beautiful) week, but I've got nothing on my son, who returned home just ahead of the midnight hour following three-and-a-half days in the City That Never Sleeps.  He had photographs.  He had stories.  He had had such a happy time.  He's asleep upstairs as I type this now.  He's asleep and dreaming.

I'm never truly whole except when he's home.  These are the last few days of his last-ever spring break.

If I don't answer my phone, you'll understand why.

4 comments:

Serena said...

You are too cute...I love that love oozes from these words about him

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, how sad.

Becca said...

I know. Enjoy each moment.

Jeanie Ashburn said...

Wait till all that leaving and cleaving begins,dear heart.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP