the week(s) ahead (please join me at .... )

Monday, March 12, 2012

I have a big week on tap, and if I am less the blogger than usual, I ask for your forgiveness in advance. 

First, my students are back from their spring break, and I'll be in my city reviewing their first three memoirs tomorrow.  They have written spectacularly.  They have gone deep. I need to give them everything I've got.

On Wednesday another beautiful thing is going to happen—I'll hop a train and head to New York City, where I'll be meeting Tamra Tuller, my Philomel editor, for the very first time.  Tamra read my Berlin book this weekend (the first two-thirds, all that I've written).  With her kind early thoughts she returned the essence of the book to me, in the way that only the most generous of editors do.

On Thursday I head back to Philadelphia to spend the morning at the Public Library Association conference, to be held at the Civic Center.  Please let me know if you'll be there.  By noon I'll be back on a train and headed to Chesterbrook, where one of my favorite clients is located.  You know who you are, Charlene and Mike.

Late Thursday night we'll pick our son up from the airport (he's in Las Vegas as of this hour).  I hope to spend a lazy Friday with him.

Saturday, I'll be at the Musehouse with April Lindner at a special event hosted by Doug Gordon.  I'm so excited about this and I hope that those of you who live in the Germantown/Philadelphia area will consider joining us.  Find out more by double clicking the poster.

Sunday we'll sadly be saying goodbye to our son as he heads back up to college to finish off his final semester.  I'll cry a little, eat chocolate, no doubt, then start getting ready for the week ahead, which will include, among other things, Teen Day in Manayunk, which is shaping up to be a super event.

I hope your weeks ahead are full and rich.






4 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

You were not kidding about the heels! Have a rich, full week, Beth. Feel free to hit me up if you are, I don't know, walking the streets of NYC aimlessly ;) I wish to take you to the Highline someday.

Becca said...

A full and busy week, all of them good things! Enjoy :)
(I hope you’re feeling up to all this...and getting some sleep!)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful week! Enjoy New York and your son's company.

Serena said...

Wow you are going to be very busy. Philadelphia on Saturday, March 17. Alas, that is St. Patty's Day and we are already celebrating with friends after Book Club earlier in the afternoon. I wish I did not have plans so I could come and see you...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP