OMG: An update on the Beth list

Friday, April 27, 2012

I am hoping that this photo says it all.  Eight days after I published my I-am-so-scared-by-my-own-list post, I am climbing down those worn-out stairs, not up them.

Yes, that means that it wasn't until today that I did all four loads of laundry.  That I waited for the last possible day to get my car inspected (and then discovered that they wanted to do far more than merely inspect the car, if you know what I mean, ka-ching).  That the fancy clothes are still at the dry cleaner.  That the nice lady from the Oil Company had to call (literally, she called!) and said, "Beth, it is so unlike you to be late with your payment; we wondered if you were okay."

"Do you want my life story?" I asked.  "Or just the money?

"The money will be just fine," the nice lady said.

But it also means that I met the other deadlines, and that I will be ready, beginning next week, to begin work in earnest on HANDLING THE TRUTH, my new book on the making of memoir.

It's going to be all right.  A happy weekend to you all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that things calm down! And now nice of the Oil Company lady to call you. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope that you've enjoyed the weekend! It's nice to see the end of an overwhelming list.

Serena said...

I hope you have a great weekend and find time for yourself.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP