Sarno, Truth, Sorkin: the deeds are done

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Two things happened this week:  My friend Melissa Sarno got married to a beautiful man (and since she is a very beautiful woman, this is a heaven-made match) and I (as of a few hours ago) finished the first full draft of HANDLING THE TRUTH.

This may seem like a random pairing, but it is not, for it is dear and wise and good Melissa who, with a bit of Facebook jesting one lazy day, delivered unto me this book's title.  She posted this "A Few Good Men" video snatch on my wall.  She dared me.  It was all over after that.  It seems especially fitting that these infamous movie lines were crafted by Aaron Sorkin, who gave the perfect commencement speech at my son's university two weekends ago. 

To purple (Melissa's favorite color).  To truth.  To intelligent jesting.  And (we shall never forget) to Aaron Sorkin. 

To sleeping in tomorrow.

4 comments:

KFP said...

Wow. Finished first draft. Impressed. How do you write so fast?

Kelly Simmons said...

Congratulations! I hope you slept in. . .

Melissa Sarno said...

You did it :) And thank you so much for the purple. Love you Beth. Rest please.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP