The gorgeous Jessica Springsteen rides at Devon. (And happy news about the Glory Days proposal.)

Saturday, June 2, 2012




My deep admiration for Bruce Springsteen is well known.  I won't repeat myself here, not tonight.  I simply wish to say this evening how happy and proud I am to be joining April Lindner, Jane Satterfield, Ned Balbo, and Ann E. Michael for Glory Days:  A Bruce Springsteen Symposium, to be held this coming September.  Our proposal (April planted the seeds) was accepted.  We'll sit together to reflect on the impact this great artist has on the way we think about words and storytelling.  And we'll listen to what others have to say (and how they sing).

I also wish to say that I had the privilege, hours ago, of standing at the rails at the Devon Horse Show and watching Jessica Springsteen, Bruce's daughter, float above her gorgeous horse.  She is a distinguished rider and person, this Jessica Springsteen.  She made it to the jump off, rode last in a tough, brave field.  Here she is in a bold attempt to best a toweringly fine time.




1 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on the proposal being accepted! Very exciting.

In other news, I wish I could see you this week but I know you'll have a wonderful time. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP