pushing back

Thursday, August 30, 2012

This is not the front door to my son's new apartment (which, if all goes according to a wobbly plan, we will move him into over the weekend), but it is the door that sits across the alley from my own former city home.  It has the kind of character I look for in old things.  It tells a story.

I'm going to push back from this desk for a few days here.  There's that apartment move-in, referenced above, to take care of.  There are the copyediting notes for Handling the Truth, just arrived.  There's cleaning galore, banking, bills to pay.  And if we don't get washed out entirely, I'll be seeing Bruce Springsteen at last on Monday night.

I need to see Bruce Monday night.

May the rain clouds spare us all, and may the drier weather come to those whose lives have been so deeply affected by Isaac.

5 comments:

Serena said...

I hope that Bruce goes well as does the move to the apartment.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Been there, done that so many times, Beth! Good luck on the moving and copyedits - and saying goodbye to your darling son. It's only one of many hello's and goodbye's that will happen several time a year from now on - and it's hard! Wishing you well and holding your hand in spirit.

Melissa Sarno said...

I keep trying to comment but I can not prove I am not a robot! Hmm. What I am trying to say is: I'll be thinking of you this weekend. And hoping for dry weather so you can dance and dance and dance to Bruce.

KFP said...

Have a happy away time. "See" you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I love photos of doors!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP