Last Week and Next, and the Week After That. Join Me?

Saturday, September 8, 2012

One week ago today I was still anticipating the Springsteen concert, still thinking my next book would be based in Siena, still ashamed of the thatchy weeds out by my mailbox, and still holding my breath (just a little) as my son moved into his new home and work opportunity. 

How things change, and how quickly.

I've since danced in Springsteen's dark, booked an apartment (for research) in Florence, tugged (most of) the weeds away, and listened to my son talk, with such confidence and happiness, about his new city and his deepening passions.  I have read books about birds and eggs, teared up at Michelle Obama, been interviewed by two men for separate publications who startled me with their knowledge of my work, navigated unexpected changes in my publishing life, finished an employee newsletter, reached out to friends who were there, and been reminded, over and over again, that love is the most important thing.  Love, and a child's happiness.

This weekend I'm hibernating just a bit as I work my way through the first and second chapters of that now-Florence novel.  I'm going to the movies with my husband (he has promised me a trip to "The Words"). And I'm preparing for the next few weeks.  Please join me, if you can.

September 12, 2012
Radnor Memorial Library, Radnor, PA
SMALL DAMAGES launch party
7:30 PM.  Details here.

September 14, 2012

The Bruce Springsteen/Glory Days Symposium
Monmouth University
Appearing with April Lindner, Jane Satterfield, Ned Balbo, and Ann Michael
Details here.

September 21, 2012
Joining David Levithan, Ellen Hopkins, and Jennifer Hubbard at Children's Book World
7 PM. Details here.



   

2 comments:

Becca said...

It sounds like you’ve had a productive and happy week. Enjoy those events coming up :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP