the sunflower portrait

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

As those of you who have been receiving too-short emails from me lately know, I've been hampered once again by all kinds of pinched-nerve problems in the aftermath of a tad too many consecutive corporate stories. 

And so I have limped around the house, worn a heating pad like a housecoat, and tried to trick my body into forgetting the inflicted pain.

A few days ago, I decided to pick up my camera, click the macro lens into place, and use my nerve cells differently.  Photography is pleasure, pure and simple.  It forced these old bones into new alignments.  It eased some of the fire.

I think of this sunflower as being a yellow-lashed eye.  I think of it as dreaming.

4 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

How pretty dreaming looks :) I hope you heal soon.

Maria Hitt said...

I too am suffering from back pain, too much time spent weeding, an endless task. The need to rest has afforded me time for writing, much easier on the ole' body to sit in a chair and what good things can come of giving ourselves more creative time, like sleeping sunflower eyelashes. Lovely. Let's hear it for healing.

Serena said...

I like this photo and I hope that you feel better soon. It's been too long since I took pictures of anything but the little one these days.

Richard Gilbert said...

Lovely. Now get acupuncture. It works.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP