Small Damages sells to France, is buoyed by friends

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The inimitable Michael Green sent word earlier today that Small Damages has been bought by the French publishing house La Martiniere Group, for a paperback release.  This makes me very happy—and warrants a snowflake dance.  (The snow had already started its rumba-tango outside my window when Michael's note pinged in.)

At nearly the same time I learned that author (!) and blogger Danielle Smith, pictured here to my far left, had nominated Small Damages for a Cybils Award in Young Adult Fiction.  Moments later, Florinda Pendley Vasquez, whom Danielle and I are flanking in this BEA photo, wrote to let me know that she cast a write-in vote for Small Damages in the YA Fiction category of the 2012 Goodreads Choice Awards.

I feel enormously blessed by all of this, but mostly I feel blessed by such friendships.  Those are what carry us through, on the good days and the lesser ones. I never lose sight of my fine friendship luck. 

Thank you.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting.

KFP said...

En français! Comment merveilleux! Je suis tellement excitée pour vous. Et moi: Je veux certainement acheter ce livre en français. Je me demande comment le titre sera traduit. « Petits dommages » ?

The1stdaughter said...

Congratulations on all counts Beth! Small Damages was the first book on my list to nominate, I'm so happy it's being considered for the award. I've got my fingers crossed!

By the way...how weird, author! Me? It seems so unreal, but it really is happening. And I have you to thank for a lot of that. xoxo

Sarah Laurence said...

Congratulations on your double good news!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP