Tomorrow: A Day so Full, so Rich

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


5:26 AM Train to Philadelphia

6:30 AM Train to NYC

8:30 AM Pre-conference conversations with my dear friends Jennifer Brown (our nation's ambassador for children's books), Laura Geringer (editor of five of my YA books), Rahna Reiko Rizzuto (a very dear friend with whom I have strolled so much of New York (and Central Park)), and Melissa Sarno (the fab blogger at This, Too, and the brain child behind the title of Handling the Truth). I'll also have the great pleasure of seeing, again, Ed Nawotka and Dennis Abrams of Publishing Perspectives and, later, Eliot Schrefer

9:30 AM Lamp Lighters and Seed Sowers:  Tomorrow's YA/
Publishing Perspectives Conference, Keynote Address, Scholastic Building, New York City

10:30 AM: Drawing the Line: What's the Difference Between a YA and an Adult Book?/
Publishing Perspectives Conference Panel, with Andrew Losowsky, Books Editor, Huffington Post, Aimee Friedman, Senior Editor, Scholastic Trade, Elizabeth Perle, Editor, Huffington Post Youth Network, and Dan Weiss, Editor-at-large, St. Martin's Press

2:00 PM  Marketing meeting with the very good people of Gotham/Penguin (launching Handling the Truth next August)

3:15ish PM  Grabbing a hug from the one and only Jessica Shoffel of Philomel/Penguin (who took such good care of Small Damages)

4:40 PM Train from NYC to Philly, second train from Philly to Bryn Mawr in time to see...

7:30 PM  Anne Lamott, speaking at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, where I will be joined by Deacon Supreme, my own father, Horace Kephart

I will do nothing on Thursday, or almost nothing.  But tomorrow, I will leap, headlong.




4 comments:

Patty Chang Anker said...

Oh, I read every item with such happy anticipation for you! Enjoy every minute!

Katrina said...

Whoa! What a day. I so admire your fearlessness, your passion, your PRESENCE. Have a great day, my friend, soak it all in and be sure to report back. You are an inspiration.

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

What a blessed, lovely day, Beth! Enjoy!

Kelly said...

WOW ... that does sound like a full and very, very rich day ... so happy for you! AND, I'm just looking through your blog at the books you've released and those scheduled for release in 2013! I have some serious catching up to do! So excited for you! :-)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP