remembering my mother in life, six years after her passing

Sunday, December 30, 2012


We remember our mother's love and her many talents, her considerable capacity for beauty, her insatiable curiosity, her jitterbug tales.  In her memory today, I post long-ago photographs.  My mother, younger sister, and me.  My older brother during his first month of life.

Finally, my mother was a writer, too, and as part of her memorial service, I created a small book of her words.  She's there on the left, in one of my final portraits of her.  She's there on the right, as the dark-haired beauty in a summer picnic with her brother, mother, and father.

We love you and we miss you, Mom.

2 comments:

patti.mallett_pp said...

Thanks for sharing this day and a private piece of your heart. I loved reading your mother's magical words, (and seeing how this gift runs even longer in your family). xo

Melissa Sarno said...

Sending love your way, Beth. I love the story about the stars.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP