Handling the Truth: notes on the launch journey

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Later this year, on August 6th, Handling the Truth, my book about the making of memoir, the students I've taught, the many memoirs I've read, and the lessons I've learned, will be released by Gotham. 

I'll be celebrating its release on launch day at the main branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia, where I will be offering not just a reading but a workshop opportunity.

Between now and then I'll be blogging about the new exercises I'm giving to my current University of Pennsylvania memoir class, the new/old memoirs I'm reading, and the debate that continues to swirl around this form.  I'll notch these new exercises, reviews, and commentary onto the dedicated Handling page after they appear here, so that that page will then serve as a supplemental repository.

Because no book about writing, especially, is ever really done.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I love that you'll be posting some of the exercises you give your students :) I can be a small, vicarious participant.

dewitthenry said...

To quote a famous ketchup song..."Anticipation is keeping me waiting."

dewitthenry said...

To quote a famous ketchup song..."Anticipation is keeping me waiting."

Katrina said...

This is true generosity! Your launch journey has begun. Am so glad you're going to share it all here.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations in advance!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP