Books for a Better Life Awards — at The TimesCenter

Saturday, March 8, 2014

It is just like me not to know where I am going until a few hours before my going time. I don't know. It is, perhaps, the way I deal with gnawing nerves.

And so it isn't until just now, this very moment, that I realize that the Books for a Better Life Awards program, for which my humble Handling the Truth has been nominated, will be taking place at The TimesCenter. I've ambled near this building during many of my trips to New York City. I've never been to an event here, never been near the stage. I don't know how I got so lucky to be included in this special evening, which is honoring Mark Bittman and Richard Pine, featuring Meredith Vieira and Arianna Huffington, and in support of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Southern New York Chapter.

I don't know, but suddenly I'm so glad that I decided to buy a new pink dress and new nude pumps. Because I'm all over winter. Because that stage is so pretty, so bright. Because, in my own small life, these chances come around so rarely. Because I am going to live the night.


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP