in the Philadelphia Inquirer: my morning with the incredible Elisabeth Agro

Saturday, July 23, 2016




Several Fridays ago I had the extreme pleasure of spending a morning with Elisabeth Agro, the Nancy M. McNeil Associate Curator of American Modern and Contemporary Crafts and Decorative Arts at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

She inspired, educated, danced. She was alive, passionate, smart. She was breeze on a summer day. I adored her.

And so I wrote about Elisabeth for the Philadelphia Inquirer in this weekend edition that extends an open welcome to politicians, delegates, media, and conventioneers. Why not take a break from the balloons and debates and slip in among the art? Why not go to a quiet, thoughtful place and ponder the future of us?

A link to the story will go live on Sunday.

Meanwhile, those of you arriving or departing from Terminal D at the Philadelphia International Airport will perhaps notice the LOVE display that was unveiled a few months ago, in anticipation of this week. Based on the essays and photos in my book Love: A Philadelphia Affair, that mural, too, celebrates the museum as part of a broader celebration of our region.

We hope for peace and intelligent conversation this week. We hope to be a city well received and well remembered.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Ms. Kephart, my name is Mark and I wrote a very nice response to your Cape May column but I can't send it thru. Can you help me at politomark@comcast.net. My cell is 215 290 5569. Thank you very much.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP