introducing the Juncture video shorts: lessons on memoir for readers and writers

Monday, July 25, 2016



Over the past several weeks I've been here in my pretty little house reading and re-reading some of the world's great memoirists as I prepared for a series of six video shorts that will soon go live on Udemy. Think of Virginia Woolf, Alison Bechdel, Maggie Nelson, E.B. White, Abigail Thomas, Sy Montgomery, Angela Palm, James Baldwin, Helen Macdonald, Ta-Nehesi Coates, Chang-Rae Lee, Annie Dillard, and a variety of others all showing up for the same party. I'm hosting that party.

Bill, meanwhile, has been building (yes, building) a teleprompter, fixing the lights, turning on the camera and the voice recording equipment, and not making too much fun of me when I falter and we have to begin all again.

(I make him cookies. He forgives.)

This video tells you more about what this series is. I'll be reporting back when it is officially available. But if you have any interest and want us to send you an email when the whole series is fully live, just send us your address through the Juncture Workshop site (here) and we'll get back to you.

3 comments:

C S said...

Very excited about this party! Thanks for the invitation and love how you and your hubby work together.

Cheers and look forward to attending :)

Carolyn B
www.mysydneyparislife.wordpress.com

Serena said...

Wonderful...So glad to see you working together on this project. I bet that you're both enjoying yourselves.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP