Dancing with the Stars

Wednesday, November 28, 2007



So of course I was watching the finale of Dancing with the Stars last night, and of course I was sad to see the season go. Dance remains for me the great tantalizing diversion, the thing I am most greedy for (though I'm terribly greedy when it comes to photography, too, and also to books and to gardens, and when, by the way, is greed not greed but passion, and where passion is dim has life really been lived? memorably lived? for the ages?).

Well, the thing is, I wanted both Mel and Helio to win in the end—Mel because she fit herself so exquisitely inside music, Helio because he's like the rest of us who have to try exceedingly hard to heel lead in the smooth dances and reverse it for the Latin.

Tomorrow I'll be back at my own dance studio, working on my cha-cha, rumba, west-coast swing, even bolero (if I can work it in). Wishing for more talent than I've got, but loving every second of the struggle.

1 comments:

grete said...

Greed? Passion? What about ... appetite?

As for my own appetite for dancing .... in my dreams, yes .... but these feet ... I think their appetite is elsewhere. Or, I’m not giving them the right instructions. Or, I haven’t yet put the music on....

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP