On Answering Maya's Grand Questions

Monday, March 16, 2009

It took me awhile, but I found a garden image bright enough to suggest to you the star power of one Maya Ganesan, whose blog, Allegro, is home to a certain kind of serene intelligence. Never boastful, never anything less than thoughtful, always suggestive. Please check this young poet out.

Recently Maya was kind enough to ask a few questions about moi, and boy, did she do her homework. She inquired, for example, about my reaction to certain book-related news (my answer involves high heels, a London subway, a poundless-purse, and abject confusion). She asked about my reaction to reactions to Undercover (having visited a lively and engaging mother-daughter book group just last night, I might someday write a bit more about what I keep learning from younger readers). She asked about the genesis of Nothing but Ghosts. In any case, her blog is so worth visiting. I encourage you to make the journey.

6 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

maya is nothing less than wonderful; I'm heading over to read right now!

Maya Ganesan said...

Aw, thanks, Beth! It was a pleasure to interview you!

And thank you, Emily Ruth.

Priya said...

That picture is certainly nothing but bright. :)

Unknown said...

Thank You for introducing us to Maya! What a great find.

Peace - Rene

Sherry said...

Isn't Maya a wonder? You found the right photo.

Just back from reading the nice interview. I,too, have an anxiety attack story involving the subways in London. My we share a lot. ;)

Anna Lefler said...

I love Maya's site! I discovered it last month through you, Beth.

A wonderful destination on the Web.

:^) Anna

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP