Webbed in with DanceSport

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dance studios bring together souls from the middle of this country and the middle of another, guys who aren't precisely big on books and guys who are, mambo kings and samba sensations. In other words, they bring together people like Scott Lazarov and Jean Paulovich, who are pictured here. Scott is the artistic force behind DanceSport PA and one of the best choreographers anywhere (on Tuesday afternoons my husband and I dance Scott's brilliant tango; when I wrote House of Dance, I used Scott as the model for Max). Jean is the champion ballroom dancer, dear friend, and teacher who thinks I can pull off a Broadway/foxtrot/quickstep/Charleston/lindy hop/jive routine in time for a late-October showcase.

I'm not quite sure whom Jean thinks he's kidding, but I will tell you this: Yesterday, when fellow-dancer Julia was watching Jean and me kick slam our way through the routine, she suggested (with that merry twinkle in her eye) that Jean turn me loose on the stage alone so that I can do what I was already apparently seeming to be doing, which is to say, making it all up as I went along.

In any case, we do spend a lot of time with the good people at DanceSport, and the photos I sometimes post from there were all taken as part of a big web project—photography, design, writing, programming—that we have undertaken here, at the company that I run with my husband. Late last night that DanceSport web went live.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

My head is spinning at all I just took in: DanceSport's web-site and your business web-site. Wow, Beth. Wow Wow WOW.

Em said...

That's a great site, Beth!

Kelly H-Y said...

Wow, Beth ... you must be getting quite good! And, the website you've put together is awesome. That studio is gorgeous. Sounds like you have a lot of fun there! Did you see that 'So You Think You Can Dance' has started their Fall season! :-)

Melissa said...

Gorgeous website ... love the photos! You really do get a sense of movement and fluidity with this site, and it evokes a feeling of wanting to, well, dance.

woman who roars said...

What a great site!!! The pictures and layout are fantastic and easy to navigate!
Kudos to you both!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP