As the sun rises on this day...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

... I am grateful to Amy Robinson, for an email exchange she had with Ramon Renteria of El Paso Times, and I am grateful to Ramon himself, for last evening's conversation. I am grateful to Janet and her work with children with special needs in Anapra. I am grateful to Anna, for the crystal amethyst, the Amazonia, and words of calm; to my brother and his beautiful family, for the begonias I will on this day plant; to Mario, for something very special from Paris; to my sister and her kids (my nieces and nephew!) for their crazy card; to Sherry, for her amazingly loving email; to my dad, with whom I spent time yesterday; to my beloved Aunt Carol and Bill's dear Aunt Adela; to Soup for the 100th birthday card (seriously); to Amy Rennert, for always remembering; to Reiko, for so much; to Kate, for her note; to Ivy for being Ivy, to Jean, who yesterday led me around the dance floor even though I can still barely breathe; to Amy Riley for everything she does; to Magdalena Piekarz, who will spend this morning with me at Chanticleer garden; to my son for his midnight text message; and to my husband, who has promised to learn to cook and to share what he has learned with me, in a once-each week extravaganza.

I am grateful for sun—its rising and its setting.

I am grateful for all of you.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Did I miss your birthday? If so, I hope it was a good one! I agree with you - Amy is amazing!

Anna Lefler said...

And WE are grateful for YOU!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Take it all in...

Much love,

Anna

Sherry said...

I love picturing you,this day, in the sunny, morning garden that you've shared with us in so many beautiful ways.

Yes, and amen to all that Anna says. (Soak in it, too.)

Erin said...

a very very happy birthday to you, dear Beth!

Beth F said...

So much to be grateful for -- and that Amy, who is everyone's friend.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP