I have finished and my vision's blurry

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the first full draft of a book I have utterly rewritten (my longest novel ever, by several thousand words).  I have finished, and my eyes are blurry.  It's lack of sleep. It is emotion.  I need to print this book now, hold it on my lap, pay careful attention to each sentence, track the days to make certain that the day by day action is calendared right, pay careful attention to character diction.  That's the fun part.  The delicious part.  The work without anxiety part. 

But I need some sleep between now and then.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Congrats. There is always both a relief and a sorrow when you finish things... those are the times in which I rely on pillows.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

The work without anxiety part. Yes.

Enjoy the read through!

KFP said...

Sleep well. Then happy editing.

Sarah Laurence said...

Congratulations! I was worrying about you. Sleep well and recover. I know what you mean - I love editing a finished project. I have to fight the urge to polish as I work on finishing the first draft of my latest project.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you're celebrating.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP