My conversation with My Friend Amy

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Amy Riley has been a force for good in my life since she mentioned my little blog on her very big blog and introduced me to her wide circle of friends.  She has known me through three books now, has generously supported each one, has taught me many things about books and life, and once I even had the chance to meet this book angel here, at the site of the first-ever Book Bloggers Convention, which she, but of course, helped organize.

A few weeks ago, Amy and I began an e-mail conversation that had me reflecting on the joys, fears, and behind-the-scene-ism of the writing life.  We talked at length about Dangerous Neighbors and about what's next and what I hope for and what I cherish.  It's all here.

4 comments:

Anne Cassidy said...

Reading this conversation buoys me, reminds me how wonderful are the friendships born of words. Thanks for sharing it, Beth.
Anne

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I found you through Amy and am thrilled to follow!

bermudaonion said...

Isn't Amy wonderful? I think she's been a force for good in many lives. She's remarkable.

Beth F said...

I'm off to read the conversation. Hard to believe how much Amy gets down, isn't it?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP