Following the Voice, Finding the Soul: My Cynsations Post

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I feel as lovely as this creature today, for my words have found their way to Cynsations, Cynthia Leitich Smith's deservedly famed and remarkably generous blog.  She is an author who cares about other authors.  We're all better off for her bestselling books, and for her care.

My post is called "Following the Voice, Finding the Soul: The Making of You Are My Only."

It begins like this:

I think, when I write, about voice. I begin there. Not with the color of the characters’ eyes, nor with the plot. Not with a sweet synopsis or even a one-page outline that points from here to there.

The whole thing is here.

Thank you so much, Cynthia. 



4 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Cynthia is a wonder. Off to read!

Bidisha said...

Your posts should be bound into a book and sold and read. No kidding. They are gorgeous.

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

Thank you for your kindness and for sharing your thoughts. I'm honored!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP